If you have a complaint about Assure or any of its members, please follow the following procedure.
1. All complaints should initially be addressed to the installation company who undertook the work, in writing along with a copy of the relevant guarantee, to try and resolve the complaint to your satisfaction.
2. If you are not satisfied, you should complete the complaints form on this page giving as much information as possible.
3. Assure will liaise with the installation company to establish an agreed course of action.
4. In cases where members appear to be failing to comply with Building Regulations, industry codes of practice and guidelines, they will propose a relevant plan of action.
5. In the event that agreement cannot be reached between you and the installation company, ‘Assure’ will identify independent, impartial and professional experts for either party to consider retaining, to enable a reasonable judgment to be made on the justification or otherwise of the specific complaint.
6. If the complaint is still not resolved to your satisfaction and where Assure considers its conciliation procedure has failed to resolve the dispute, Assure, will give the member company 14 days’ notice of this decision, in which time the installer may take such steps to resolve the issue. In the absence of it being resolved within that period, you may seek resolution of your complaint under special low-cost arbitration arrangements administered by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (details available on request from Assure). This scheme however is not suitable for more complex disputes and the Chartered Institute can advise on whether a case is appropriate. Under these arrangements arbitration will normally be on the basis of documents only. Alternatively, you can take actions through the courts.
7. Assure shall provide written or oral evidence on acceptable commercial practices and standards to arbitration authorities and the Courts when the activities of any Assure member are being questioned.
8. In the event of repeated or serious complaints, all such complaints will be reviewed by Assure Compliance and Certification Committee and appropriate action taken, which may include de-listing from membership of Assure.
9. Please contact Assure for current site visit charges on; email@example.com
After following this procedure if you still wish to make a complaint then please complete the attached form.