If you have a complaint about Assure or any of its members, please follow the following procedure.
Complaints Regarding Assure
- Any complaint regarding Assure, its personnel, website or inspection process should be sent via email to email@example.com.
- All complaints will be investigated and dealt with by the company directors.
- All complaints will be reviewed by the Compliance and Certification Committee to ensure they have been dealt with accordingly
Complaints Regarding Our Members
1. All complaints should initially be addressed to the installation company who undertook the work, in writing along with a copy of the relevant guarantee, to try and resolve the complaint to your satisfaction.
2. If you are not satisfied with how your complaint is being dealt with by the company then you may complete the complaints form (on website) giving as much information as possible.
3. Assure will review the complaint and contact the installation company and the complainant to gather any relevant information.
4. Assure will arbitrate between the two parties to try to achieve a satisfactory resolution.
5. In the event that an agreement cannot be reached between you and the installation company, Assure can advise on how to start litigation proceedings.
6. Assure reserve the right to cancel or make changes to the Building Regulations Compliance Certificate (Assure Certificate) in respect of the installation. This may result in the withdrawal of the registration from the local authority, with any breaches in building regulations reported to the local authority for prosecution.
Assure’s Complaint Scope
- Assure will not conduct site inspections, any inspections completed must be conducted by independent fenestration experts.
- Assure can only intervene with complaints that relate to breaches in building regulations for installed notifiable products. This will be determined during the initial information gathering phase
- If Assure validates the complaint, failure by the installer to agree a schedule of works and time table to complete works within 28 days, may result in Assure applying sanctions to the company’s Assure registration.
- If the homeowner does not allow the installer to carry out the rectification works as required by Assure, the complaint will be withdrawn, and the procedure terminated.
- For the avoidance of doubt, rectification works pursuant to this procedure will only be carried out by the installer. Under no circumstances will Assure carry out any work to the installation or instruct another installer to do so.
- Assure does not have any contractual or financial obligations surrounding members complaints